If your brand, or even you, have been lucky enough to be eligible for a Wikipedia page, good for ...
Case Study: Law Firm
Case study: Attorney reputation management
Bad reviews, cases gone awry, and the vicissitudes of public opinion conspired to discolor the image of our clients.
Months to Improve
Percent Client Increase
Million Additional Earnings
A perfect record and a measure of luck rewards some. Even still, our client was a well-known regional attorney representing accident victims. It was nearly impossible to see one of his billboards within 50 miles of the city he operated within.
A negative blog post plagued him. Our objective was to suppress or remove it.
A combination of new content development, search engine marketing, crowdsourced search experimentation, and review management all acted as "plan b" to the primary objective: remove the negative blog post.
Plan A: Removing the negative blog post
The ownership of the blog was hidden. Nevertheless, we traced the ownership of the offending blog to a Northern California IP address by placing a tracking pixel in an email we sent. But there was no response. Had the owner of the blog responded we would have requested removal or change of the blog post. Since the owner of the blog refused on multiple occassions to respond we came to the conclusion they didn't want to take advantage of the opportunity we offered. Hence: plan b.
Plan B: Suppressing the negative
The negative blog post existed in the second position on page one of a branded search for our client. When someone typed his law firms' name into search results they were greeted with the bad blog post.
Our clients search results included Avvo.com, HG, BBB, LinkedIn, his main site and others. All but his main site were below the negative blog post. This mean the negative was "above the fold" and visible to all who searched him. Our objective was to help the positive search results overwhelm the negative.
Building law firm reputation
A combination content plan, outreach, and search engine marketing program worked to promote existing affirmative web page content. Search results began to change after 90 days. The negative blog post moved first one, tehn two positions. Eventually it moved to the bottom of page one, hung there for two months, then moved to page two where it was seen infrequently.
Get Your Free Analysis
Find a path to success. Estimate duration. Understand costs.