Effective online content is written for both people and search engines. Search engines need to ...
Reputation Management Tools
Tools used in reputation management campaigns
Tools for monitoring, outreach, analysis, and publishing
You can never understate the importance of your online reputation. From who finds you on the Web to whether they decide to do business with you, the image that is portrayed when your name or company is typed into a search engine holds significant power to harm you.
Keeping that image positive is crucial to your long term success, but it takes a lot of care and attention. There are various tools of attack for monitoring your online image, but they all tend to fall into one of a distinct set of categories:
This is software that monitors brand mentions online. This can range from scanning search results and review pages to looking for mentions in articles or other websites. These tools streamline the process of monitoring your online presence, notifying you when your name pops up.
- TalkWalker: We use TalkWalker and love it. It finds a lot of stuff and there's a free version, too!
- Google Alerts: Google's free service allows you to set up alerts for any term you want, but it's far inferior to TalkWalker.
- Brandseye: Get notifications on mentions, track data, and seamlessly make comparisons with your own internal data.
- Yext: Worried about inaccurate information? Yext enables you to easily monitor and manage your mentions on sites like Yelp and local directories.
Social media monitoring
Also called “listening” tools, this type of software acts as your eyes and ears, monitoring social media pages (as opposed to search results) for mentions of you or your company’s name.
- Naymz: The built-in RepScore tool closely tracks your social influence across various social media platforms to help you enhance your reach and supervise your mentions.
- Trackur: Receive instant notifications when you’re mentioned on a social media page. Integrated analytics allow you to track and analyze trends for maximum benefit.
- Hootsuite: This tool allows you to track mentions across social media platforms, as well as post and schedule content from your own pages.
- SocialMention: A free service that allows you to type in a name or keyword and scan all relevant social media mentions.
SEO analytics tools
SEO tools are necessary when engaging in a reputation building or repair project. Moz, SEM Rush, Screaming Frog, and Majestic are all well-known tools for optimizing websites for increased SEO functionality.
Quality reputation improvement projects always include outreach. Publishers are hungry for content, but finding the right publishers and contacting them can be a challenge. Tools like Meltwater and Cision take out the guess-work and make the entire process easier.
Most publishers place content on their own, but some control many websites covering different topics. Some sites push content out to much larger networks via syndication. Outbrain is a good example of this type of publishing tool that pushes content out to a very large number of sites.
Don’t let the Internet overwhelm you. Take control of your image--no PR team required! Contact us today to talk about how we at Reputation X can address your challenges. Businesses big and small can benefit from the software options listed above. In fact, these tools can serve as one of your most effective assets. The programs can work on your behalf, constantly monitoring the web for mentions and helping you respond where and when it’s appropriate. They can also be incredibly effective for gathering additional reviews and mentions.
“Reputation X has done an excellent job for our company. They deleted nearly all negative online content placed by a very active detractor, and pushed down the rest.”Ralph Serrano President | Safe Harbor Equity
"You will be glad to have Reputation X as a strategic partner."Rosemary Plorin CEO | Lovell