Negative Google reviews are the plight of modern business. 91% of consumers between the age of 18 ...
Online Reputation Repair
Improve how your brand is seen online.
Reputation repair services overview
The best internet reputation repair for over 15 years.
Reputation X repairs the online profiles of corporations, small businesses, executives, politicians, and other entities. With a team repairing your reputation, you can:
- Remove negative search results from publishers
- Protect your brand search results
- Improve online sentiment with brand reputation marketing
- Increase online review star-ratings
- Enhance and improve Wikipedia articles
- Make positive content rank higher
We're going to answer some frequently asked questions below.
Contents of this article
- How long does internet reputation repair take?
- The process of repairing search results
- Does the process work?
- What kinds of things can be removed?
- What happens if something can't be removed?
- How much does repair cost?
- Is there a guarantee?
- What languages do we work in?
How long does reputation repair take?
The length of time required to fix a search result problem depends on the issue. For example:
- Removal of negative online content can take as little as one week. While most online content cannot be removed altogether (only if the page owner consents to removal) we can usually remove something if Reputation X has worked with a publisher before. If not, it can take months and depends on many factors. If we do not believe something can be removed from Google or another search engine, we will let you know in advance.
- Push Down Search Results: When content can't be removed outright, we use more advanced campaigns to "sink" bad content in search results until it only appears on the third or fourth page. For this kind of campaign, brands usually start to see results within two months. On average, it takes about 10 months to push negative web content off the first pages of search results. Some campaigns are much faster, others take more time. For example, very strong websites (such as major news outlets and high-profile blogs) will need more time. A lesser-known blog will take less time.
- Improve online reviews: It takes about two weeks to start to see online reviews improve. The amount of time it takes to make big improvements takes longer - usually months. Another factor that affects how long reviews take to improve is the starting point. If reviews began at one-star, it will take months to get to three or four-stars.
Learn more about how long reputation management tactics take.
What is the process to repair search results?
The reputation repair process we use depends on the issue we are trying to solve. Most projects follow a six-stage approach to mend search results for a brand. The steps include: Setup, Research, Strategy, Content, Development, and Promotion.
Learn more about the reputation management process.
Does the process work?
Yes, the reputation rebuilding process works well. We've been recovering the online reputations of brands and people for more than ten years. During that time we have rectified just about every problem you can imagine.
What kinds of things can be removed?
The following types of negative content can often be removed:
- Posts on sites like TheDirty.com
- Anything that violates Google, Bing, or Yahoo Terms of Service
- Copyright violations
Articles on big news sites like CNN, NY Times, or Bloomberg usually cannot be removed. Sometimes local news articles can be eliminated or changed to reduce visibility in search results. Blog posts can sometimes be deleted on a case-by-case basis.
Learn more about what kinds of search results can be removed.
What happens if something can't be removed?
If Reputation X can't get rid of problem web content, we can usually reduce its visibility. This is called search engine suppression - it pushes Google and other search results down.
When a bad search result is weakened compared to others, better search results can be pushed up. Not only does the damaging result move down, but positive content takes its place. It is both repair and online brand building.
How much does repair cost?
Prices for a simple removal from a publisher we have already successfully removed content from can start at $3,000 one-time. Prices for Wikipedia page repair begin at $5,000 per month for at least six months. The cost of a full reputation repair campaign starts at $4,000. Complex, global, or multi-language campaigns start at $10,000 per month.
Learn more about how much reputation management costs.
Get your no-obligation expert analysis
Understand the issue, possible solutions, a cost estimate and more - before you decide.
Is there a guarantee?
Reputation X guarantees content removals with publishers we've worked with in the past. Wikipedia, search result suppression, and online review management cannot include a guarantee. This is due to the nature of the problem and variables. We've been helping brands improve online reputation for over ten years. We've seen it all. We will be honest and let you know if we don't think we can help.
Methods used to repair search results
Removal of negative content at the source
Negative online content can sometimes be removed at the source or from search results. When content is deleted from the website it is hosted on, it's a source removal. This method for getting rid of problem web content often reveals a violation of terms of service.
Learn more about source removal.
Negotiation with the publisher
Reputation X can negotiate with web publishers to get online content removed. We also have existing relationships with some publishers and can provide fast removals. Inquire with us to find out if we can have the content removed from a specific publisher.
Improve ratings and reviews
88% of consumers trust online reviews as much as a personal recommendation. Our review service removes negative reviews, increases star ratings, and reduces negative feedback. We can work with over 25 popular review platforms. These include Yelp, Google Reviews, Consumer Reports, Facebook, and more.
Learn more about review management.
Direct removal from search engines
Some content can be removed from Google or other search engines. This includes content violating search engine rules, copyrighted content, and other legally protected content. This type of removal is known as de-indexing.
Push negative search results down to reduce visibility
If problem search results cannot be removed, they can often be "pushed down." This method of reputation management is known as suppression. Positive content is created and/or promoted above the negative until it is rarely seen.
Learn more about pushing down search results.
Improve online brand
Sometimes search result sentiment needs improvement. Brands are often confused with those of competitors. Sometimes they simply have a weak online profile. Reputation X improves an online brand by strengthening the best parts of search results. This can include online profiles, websites, articles and other media related to the brand.
Learn more about improving how your brand is seen.
When search results only tell one side of the story, we often create a "counterpoint". A counterpoint narrative is a temporary measure to balance the story. Its a counter-narrative in search results so our clients don't have to keep explaining what actually happened. Prospective customers and stakeholders can see the counterpoint right in search results. When it's time, we take it down.
Reputation repair in over a dozen languages
Reputation X performs online reputation management services in over a dozen languages including but not limited to:
- American English
- UK English
- Bahasa Indonesian
Project strategy and management occur in English, content is developed by native speakers and writers that are usually located in the target location. Reporting is in English. Reputation management localization may incur an additional cost.
What's your reputation costing you?
In today's online environment, there are many factors that can cost a brand opportunity. What might negative search results cost you? We can help you figure that out. Click here to set up an appointment for a free analysis of your online brand and steps that can be taken to improve it.