What is Reputation Protection?
Protection seeks to strengthen and improve online content to reduce the chance of negative online content damaging your brand.
- Improving Yelp and other reviews so inevitable negative ratings cause fewer issues
- Re-positioning online content to better represent the brand
- Identifying online content threats and mitigating them before they become problems
How Long Does Reputation Protection Take?
A campaign to improve search results with few or no issues can take as little as six months, but changes usually begin much sooner.
What Does a Program Look Like?
Reputation X will research similar companies, brands, or people to learn what works best for them. Research often includes the following:
- Branded search term research
- Competitor search term research
- Competitor content research
- Content research for the brand
- Trending content audit
After research we design a strategy, this involves:
- Ideal results modeling
- Content gap development
- Search engine marketing strategy
Monitoring and Tracking
Once strategy has been done, we setup online reputation monitoring for branded search terms to alert stakeholders of potential threats.
- Reputation monitoring
- Brand sentiment and content tracking
We then follow the strategy, making adjustments as we go. This typically involves stepped content development that builds toward the goal of ideal online results. Content development often takes a form something like this:
- Brainstorming content ideas
- Headline development
- Primary and secondary content creation
- Content approvals and editing
- Publisher placement negotiation
- Content placement
- Social and search content promotion
We often develop custom web properties like websites, apps, blogs, and other platforms for content distribution.
Web promotion takes many forms. Some of those may include:
- Influencer outreach
- Content contribution on third-party sites
- Blogger negotiation
- Social media promotion
Cost of Online Reputation Protection
A campaign to reduce or eliminate possible brand problems online usually starts at about $3000 per month for at least six months. Many factors can affect the cost such as geography, language targets, quality of existing content, and more.
We Can Help
We've been designing and implementing reputation protection campaigns for over a decade. Fill out the form in the right sidebar. We'll provide a comprehensive analysis free of charge.